Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Mary-Kate Olsen for Interview Magazine

The ever so daring and innovative style icon, Mary-Kate Olsen will be on the cover of Interview Magazine's March issue, which will also include a feature story. Cover and editorial shot by Craig McDean. Styling by Karl Templer, Make-up by Yuna Park and hair by Orlando Pita. I love that she's in a full look straight from the Balenciaga runway collection of S/S 2009. I wish photos were captured though that could actually show the shoes with the attached tights, but the making of video gives you a glimpse of them. Her dress in the first photo is obviously the Balenciaga S/S 09 opening dress and the dress in the next two photos are Calvin Klein Spring 2009.

here are some snippets from her interview:

know you also have a place in L.A. and you go back and forth a lot, but do you think you’ve made New York your place?
I’m definitely bicoastal, but I have to say, it’s easier to live in New York than in L.A. I feel like people respect other people’s space a bit more here. Everyone has the right to that freedom, right? Everyone has that right. It’s freezing in New York right now. In L.A., it’s sunny. But I would choose freezing over being followed.

You’re a renter, right?
Yeah, I rent. It’s hard for me to figure out where I want to be. But it’s definitely in New York. I feel like New York throws different challenges at you and you can be more creative.

I hear that your clothing lines, The Row and Elizabeth & James, are breaking into menswear. Was that a natural progression?
I think that was our strategy from the beginning. We also have shoes coming out-they’re going to be beautiful. Everything’s looking pretty solid.

The making of video (which I wish were longer ;/ )




No comments: